PAJ Featured Image Owl Carousel Plugin for WordPress
- Display featured images from posts, pages or custom post types as an Owl carousel.
- Each slide is a link back to the post or custom post type.
- Select from different categories
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Fully responsive OWL Carousel.
- Mobile, Tablet touch supported.
- Mouse drag option
- Multiple Carousels on same page with different content.
- Uses SrcSet along with column number to improve google page speed results.
- Use with shortcode or as a Siteorigin widget.
- 2 navigation styles
- Image hover or boxed layout
- Options to choose number of slides on desktop, tablet and mobile
- Option to display post heading, post excerpt and post author etc.
- Option to choose excerpt length.
- Font size options
- Gap between slides option
- option to make images equal heights
- Custom prefix for JS to prevent conflict with other plugins and themes.
This plugin can also be used as a SiteOrigin widget, which would require the free SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle plugin to be installed and activated. Also if you are using the excellent SiteOrigin Page Builder, the PAJ Featured Image Owl Carousel widget will be available as a page builder element for easy drag, drop and configure.
SiteOrigin Widget Screenshots
The shortcode has many options
The following shortcode options are either ‘true’ or ‘false’.
autoplay, loop, pause, display_dots, display_nav,
slide_boxed_layout, touch_drag, mouse_drag, display_heading, display_excerpt, display_category,
display_meta, display_author, force_image_resize
The following options relate to the text sizes of headings, excerpts and meta data, values between 5 and 50: heading_font_size, text_font_size, meta_font_size
Number of words to be displayed in excerpt: paj_word_count
Number of slides to display on a desktop tablet or mobile, values between 1 and 20: slides_desktop, slides_tablet, slides_mobile
Number of columns on page, only used if having problems with google page speed: column_number
Gap between slides, value between 1 and 50: slide_gap
Speed of Carousel: smart_speed
Carousel Layout has two values: carousel_layout=’original’ or carousel_layout=’layout_1′
You can also choose what post type and category to display including custom post types: paj_post_type, post_category
You can also order the posts: ‘post_order which is either ‘ASC’ or ‘DESC’
This carousel has slide_boxed_layout set to false which changes the slides to a hover effect. Post excerpt is not displayed because it has been set to false.
[paj-owl-slider slide_boxed_layout='false' display_excerpt='false' display_category='true' heading_font_size='14' text_font_size='12' slides_desktop='3']
This carousel has force_image_resize set to false and the source of the slides is from the custom post type ‘Project’. It also uses the carousel layout style layout_1
[paj-owl-slider paj_post_type='project' force_image_resize='false' heading_font_size='14' text_font_size='12' slides_desktop='3' carousel_layout='layout_1']